By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

chin and said something, then got back in | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
jcy123
jcy123 Feb 11
HOUSTON -- Carlos Correa came through again with a clutch hit for the Houston Astros. Cheap Air Max 270 Grey .Correas RBI double in the 14th inning gave the Houston Astros a 2-1 victory over the Toronto Blue Jays on Monday night.Houston got its ninth walk-off win this season -- with Correa driving in the winning run for the fifth time -- and 14th overall with its last at-bat.His demeanor, his approach, his swing decisions at the right pitches, Astros manager A.J. Hinch said of Correa. I love the way he goes to the opposite field thats where a lot of these walk-off hits have come. Hes not trying to yank into the Crawford Boxes. ... Hes taking whatever they give him and doing it well.Jose Altuve, who homered earlier in the game, opened the 14th inning with a single to shallow left field off former teammate Scott Feldman (5-4), and Correa followed with his hit off the fence in right-center field.Feldman was traded from the Astros to the Blue Jays earlier in the day.Ive been playing behind Feldman a lot and obviously in order to make plays for your pitchers youve got to know what they throw and how they throw it and what you as a hitter should do with it, Correa said. I figured he was going to throw something to get ahead in the count so I wasnt trying to do too much. I was trying to drive it the other way and give us a chance to win the game.Michael Feliz (7-1) pitched a perfect 14th inning, following Chris Devenski 4 1/3 perfect innings after entering the game in the ninth.I tried to stay focused on my game plan and making my game plan work for me and attacking those hitters, Devenski said.Russell Martin tied the score with a leadoff homer in the ninth against Astros closer Will Harris, who has blown three of his last five save chances.We couldnt get any offense going other than that one home run by Russ, Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said. That was it.Altuve gave the Astros a 1-0 lead with a two-out shot off Marcus Stroman into the first few rows of the Crawford Boxes for his 19th home run of the season.Astros starter Doug Fister gave up four hits with one walk and eight strikeouts in six scoreless innings. Fister has now allowed three runs or fewer in 17 of his 21 starts this season.He was coming off one of his worst starts of the season, giving up six runs and nine hits in 4 2/3 innings on July 26 against the New York Yankees.Stroman surrendered one run and three hits, while striking out a career high 13 and walking one.I felt really relaxed, Stroman said. I felt strong. I felt me and Russell got into a pretty good groove early and carried that throughout the game.TRADE DEADLINEBlue Jays: Toronto acquired RHP Feldman from the Astros, LHP Francisco Liriano, C Reese McGuire and OF Harold Ramirez from the Pirates and RHP Mike Bolsinger from the Dodgers.Astros: Houston made two acquisitions, getting RHP Lupe Chavez from the Blue Jays for Feldman and INF/OF Yordan Alvarez from the Dodgers for RHP Josh Fields.TRAINERS ROOMBlue Jays: OF Ezequiel Carrera (left Achilles strain) was placed on the 15-day disabled list ... INF Ryan Goins (right forearm tightness) came back from a medical rehab assignment at Triple-A Buffalo and was removed from 15-day DL ... Josh Donaldson was held out of the lineup on Monday with left hamstring soreness but pinch hit in the 12th inning and stayed in to play third ... SS Troy Tulowitzki (thumb) was held out of the lineupAstros: INF Marwin Gonzalez (right hand soreness) and CF Carlos Gomez (right hamstring strain) are day-to-day and were held out of the starting lineup.UP NEXTBlue Jays: RHP R.A. Dickey (7-12, 4.66 ERA) gets the ball for the Blue Jays on Tuesday looking for his first win since July 10.Astros: RHP Lance McCullers (6-4, 3.18 ERA) starts for the Astros on Tuesday coming off his second-straight double-digit strikeout performance and third in last five starts. Air Max 270 Flyknit Womens . The native of Mont-Tremblant, Que., captured a World Cup downhill event Saturday, his second this year and fifth career victory on the circuit. Air Max 270 Light Bone . -- The proud fathers huddled near the Dallas Stars dressing room, smiling, laughing and telling stories while wearing replica green sweaters of their sons team. http://www.airmax270cheap.us/cheap-air-max-270-all-blue/ . -- Teemu Selanne scored the first goal of his 22nd NHL season, and the Anaheim Ducks extended the best start in franchise history with their fifth straight victory, 3-2 over the Calgary Flames on Wednesday night. CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Paul Goldschmidt doesnt keep track of his RBIs. The rest of the Diamondbacks are voluntarily doing it for him. Goldschmidt set a Diamondbacks record with his third grand slam of the season on Tuesday night and became the first NL player to drive in 100 runs, powering Arizona to a 5-2 victory over the Cincinnati Reds. Goldschmidt connected in the eighth inning off J.J. Hoover, ending the relievers streak of 23 scoreless appearances. His 31st homer tied him with Pittsburghs Pedro Alvarez for the NL lead. All of his career grand slams have come this season. "I hope hes got a big run left in him," manager Kirk Gibson said. "The team feeds off Patrick (Corbin) and Goldy. Theyve been our most consistent guys all year." Goldschmidt knew his RBI total was in the 90s coming into that at-bat, but didnt realize hed reached triple digits until he rounded the bases and his teammates pointed it out. They dont mind doing the counting. "Hes impressive to watch play every day," catcher Wil Nieves said. "Hes so clutch. Hes unbelievable." Corbin (13-3) stymied Cincinnatis lefty-dominated lineup, allowing six hits, including Chris Heiseys two-run homer, during his second complete game. Corbin matched his career high with 10 strikeouts. He threw first-pitch strikes to 27 of the 33 batters he faced and didnt walk a batter in his most dominating performance of the season. "Today I had my best slider," Corbin said. "I felt good warming up in the bullpen. I thought it would be a good game. I knew I could go to my slider at any time." The left-hander shut down the Reds left-handed threats -- Shin-Soo Choo, Joey Votto and Jay Bruce were a combined 0 for 12 with seven strikeouts. "He makes some of their hitters look so bad -- and theyre unbelievable hitters, especially Votto and Bruce," Nieves said. The Diamondbacks evened their series at a game apiece and moved five games behind the Reds for the final NL wild card berth. Arizona has won six of its last eight games. "Weve got some work to do," Goldschmidt said. "Theres some good teams ahead of us. Its not like were one game behind." Cincinnati lost for only the fourth time in its last 14 games. A bigger concern: Tony Cingrani (6-3) left in the fourth inning with a strained lower back. The left-hander has been filling in for Johnny Cueto,, who is on the disabled list for the third time this season with soreness behind his pitching shoulder. Cheap Air Max 270 Brown. Cingrani said his back has bothered him in his last few weeks. "It finally bothered me enough that it was noticeable," Cingrani said. "I felt it before. It came on gradually. It hasnt been this bad." Cingrani retired the first 10 batters before Martin Prado hit his 12th homer. One out later, Aaron Hill doubled off the wall in left-centre, extending his hitting streak to 13 games. A trainer and manager Dusty Baker went to the mound to talk to Cingrani, who was replaced by Alfredo Simon. Baker said Cingrani had kept quiet about his bad back until he had to leave the game. "He didnt tell me," Baker said. "These young guys want to stay in the big leagues and stay in the rotation." The defending NL Central champions were feeling good about getting their starting lineup back to full strength with Ryan Ludwicks return last week from a shoulder injury that had sidelined him since opening day. Now, the rotation is in flux as they try to overtake Pittsburgh and St. Louis. Cingranis injury spoiled a matchup of left-handers born two weeks apart in July 1989. Corbin, who is two weeks younger than Cingrani, kept the Reds off-balance with his slider. The Diamondbacks are 21-4 when Corbin starts. He has allowed two runs or less in 19 starts this season, tied with the Dodgers Clayton Kershaw for most in the NL. He got a few words from Choo after throwing a chin-high fastball to the leadoff hitter in the sixth. Plate umpire Jerry Meals stepped in, Choo pointed to chin and said something, then got back in the batters box without further complaint and struck out. Notes: Fans brought more than 600 dogs to the game as part of an annual pet promotion. No fireworks were set off on Heiseys homer so as not to scare the dogs. ... Goldschmidts 100 RBIs match Adam LaRoches club record for a first baseman. ... Diamondbacks C Miguel Montero, on the DL since Aug. 1 with a strained lower back, felt fine a day after he caught five innings on a rehab assignment. He got the day off and will catch again on Wednesday. ... RH Brandon McCarthy (2-7) starts the third game for Arizona, trying to emerge from a slump. Hes 0-4 with a 6.41 ERA in his last four starts. The Reds go with RH Mike Leake (10-5), who has a 6.12 career ERA against Arizona. Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Hockey Jerseys China Nike Baseball Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys China Cheap Football Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys Canada Wholesale Nike MLB Jerseys Canada Cheap NBA Jerseys Authentic Canada Stitched Soccer Jerseys Canada Cheap Jerseys Canada NFL ' ' ' 
Share: